Time management coach
What is a time management coach?
A time management coach is a professional who helps you understand your personal way of thinking and acting to help you create your personalized time management system.
Time management coaches help clients learn how to prioritize tasks, set realistic goals, and work smarter instead of harder.
The coach does not impose a time management model but instead helps you become aware of how you use your time, use the emotions you experience to your advantage and implement better habits.
How does a time management coaching session work?
First of all, the main objective of time management coaching must be defined.
Then, based on this objective and the specific difficulties encountered by the client, the coach helps the coachee to:
- become aware of what prevents him/her from progressing in his/her life
- identify and eliminate unproductive habits and create new, more productive ones
- overcome procrastination
- identify his/her motivations
- use emotions to modify certain behaviors
Working on all of these aspects allows the client to overcome his or her weaknesses by creating a customized personal organization system.
At the end of each session, the client commits with the coach to take the actions he/she wishes to take to improve his/her productivity and find a better balance in his/her life.
The following session will allow to assess the efficiency of these actions, to face new difficulties, to modify if necessary the initial strategy, to celebrate the progress made and to plan the new actions to be implemented.
What causes poor time management?
Poor time management is often caused by stress, which leads to procrastination. Procrastination is when we put off doing something until later because we feel overwhelmed or stressed out about it. It is also common to procrastinate because we don’t want to do something that we know we need to do. Poor time management is also caused by lack of organization. People who don’t keep track of their tasks and deadlines tend to lose focus and end up doing things out of order.
What are some good time management skills?
Time management is about managing your time so that you use it effectively. It involves planning ahead, prioritizing tasks, delegating responsibilities, setting goals, tracking progress, and evaluating results.
Time management coaching for your personal and professional organization
A time management coach allows you to regain control of your time and therefore of your life.
Time management coaching focuses on:
- the management of emotions
- the awareness of your way of functioning
- the behavioral change
- the creation of more productive habits
As you know, time is the most democratic and important resource we all have.
Learning how to use time effectively is one of the essential factors in creating a successful professional and personal life.
Before discovering all the advantages of coaching in personal and professional organization, it is important to define what time management at work and in private life really is.
Time management and work priorities
Managing time and priorities at work means creating coherence between the values of your company and the goals of your business.
If the time management methods do not bring you the expected results, it is because there is a gap between:
- the principles that underpin your company’s existence
- the results that your company wants to achieve
- the actions you implement
Time and priority management coaching, allows you to create or recreate consistency between these three essential elements for the success of your business.
How to improve your personal organization at work
- scientific research
- field experience in personal management at work
- take care of your lifestyle to optimize your well-being, improve your health and have all the physical and mental energy to make better decisions and take effective actions
- learn to manage your emotions effectively in order to become more productive and create better quality professional relationships
- become aware of your own way of acting in order to implement the changes you need to succeed
- identify your procrastination profile to adapt time management methods and tools to your specific situation
- model the most effective behaviors to transform them into more productive habits
- improve your creativity to overcome your most important professional and personal challenges
- take care of your workspace so that it helps you feel good and become more productive
- improve your planning and estimation of the activities you need to accomplish
- plan optimistically and anticipate solutions pessimistically
- set goals that are consistent with your values
- develop confidence in your ability to manage your time effectively
- overcome past failures and create a new identity in terms of time management
- overcome perfectionism, fears and doubts
Managing time and priorities in private life
Managing time and priorities in your private life allows you to align your goals with your personal values.
If you cannot organize yourself every day, it is because you are not aware of your most important values.
As a result, you are often overloaded with commitments and dissatisfied.
Time management methods and tools have poor results because you do not know the keys to your personal growth.
Coaching for time and priority management allows you to:
- identify your most important values
- set the goals necessary for your success
- act effectively to create a fulfilling and meaningful life
The importance of personal organization
Personal organization is a skill that is becoming increasingly essential in the personal and professional world.
If you want to create a life worthy of your ambitions and carry out projects that are really important to you, you cannot neglect your personal organization.
This applies to both your professional and your private life.
Contrary to what one might think, the main objective of personal organization is not to achieve more by implementing time and process optimization strategies.
The main purpose of this tool is to allow you to live better by achieving what you really need and want to achieve.
Effective personal organization therefore requires this paradigm shift, or organizing your agenda to achieve what makes you happy and gives you a real sense of accomplishment.
This means that good time management is nothing more than a good management of emotions and that the management of emotions requires an awareness of your values.
If you are not aware of your values, you do not know how to prioritize your actions and therefore act without real change.
Understanding your values allows you to become aware of possible internal conflicts that can negatively affect your effectiveness and well-being.
Solving these conflicts frees your physical and mental energies to improve your efficiency and bring you closer to your goals.
Personal organization also requires an awareness of your daily habits.
Becoming aware of how your decisions and actions affect your effectiveness allows you to implement the changes necessary for your success.
Once you are aware of your values, your emotions, your thoughts, your habits and your behaviors, you can strengthen your personal organization through time management tools and methods.
What are the advantages of working with a time management coach?
If you are always very stressed and constantly feeling the time pressure in your personal or professional life, then you definitely need to learn time management and personal organization.
A coach helps you build your personal organization system to:
- improve the quality of your life
- reduce the excessive stress you constantly experience
- work more efficiently
- reach your professional and personal goals more quickly
- find free time for yourself
- focus your energies on what matters most to you
- learn to manage daily activities efficiently and with serenity
- finally become organized in your personal and professional life
- find a balance between your professional and personal life
- stop procrastinating and regain confidence in yourself
- act according to your values and your priorities
Who is time management coaching for?
Time management coaching is addressed to all those who want to learn how to better use the time available to them. Here is a non-exhaustive list of people who may be interested in coaching in time management:
- busy entrepreneurs who need to learn time management to make their business profitable
- managers who need to maximize their productivity and that of their employees
- students who wish to succeed in their studies while enjoying their free time
- women returning to work after maternity or parental leave and who wish to reconcile professional and personal life
- any individual who wishes to become master of his time and his existence to finally feel happy
Let’s now discover in more detail the specific cases of personal organization for a business owner.
Personal organization for a business owner
The personal organization for a business owner is a global approach that takes into account all the needs of a CEO. A good time management of a company manager requires to take into account:
- the organization of professional and personal life
- the management of health, stress and well-beingawareness of the use of time
- establishing productive and lifestyle habits
- focusing on the important activities that need to be done by you
- aligning your values, your contribution and your company’s goals
How much does a time management coach cost?
The price of a time management coaching session ranges from 80 to 200 US dollars.
This price depends on the number of years of experience of the coach but also on the local cost of living of the country where the coach and the client live.
In order to make coaching more accessible, coaches offer coaching packages.
This way, the unit price of a coaching session is less expensive.
These prices can be higher if the coach’s clients are companies.
Here are the rates for our coaching packages for individual clients.
- one month coaching package
- 3-month coaching package
- 6-month coaching package
- 1-year coaching package
If you want to take advantage of the expertise of a time management coach, write to us using our contact form or call us by phone or on WhatsApp at +33 6 69 46 03 79 to book an appointment.
Read this page in other languages
Italiano: Gestione del tempo